- Control sprinkler zones like you control other X10-connected devices
- Designed for use with X10-compatible computer interfaces and other devices that can generate the X10 Status Request command.
- In addition to giving you the power to poll irrigation zones to determine their on/off status, it also allows your computer to send a command to the module then check to see if the command was carried out. If not, the computer can automatically send the command again.
- There are no limitations on the number of zones that may be active at one time.
- Default run timers can be disabled if desired.
- Responds the X10 "All Units Off" command.
- Manual mode only
By linking your sprinklers to your X10 system, you'll be able to program your watering schedule on your computer's monitor and start the sprinklers at the push of a button, just like any other X10 appliance. Best of all, since this system has a two-way feature, the Rain8 2-Way X10 Sprinkler Controller will confirm any signals sent, so you'll receive verification that your on or off signal was received without going outside.
A complete irrigation schedule can be triggered by the reception of a single X10 power line carrier command. With its dual mode capability, each individual zone can be controlled independently if the user prefers. Great to be used in combination with HomeSeer Home Automation software
How it Works
To configure the Rain8II you connect it to your computer (Windows or Mac) and run the configuration utility application. This allows you to define the X10 address zone assignments.
- 24 - 27VAC, 50 or 60 Hz
- 220v AC to 24v AC transformer required (not included!)
- Controller Current: 30 mA
- Sprinkler Valve Voltage and current: 24VAC , 250 mA max. (with transformer 250mA)
|12-place, plug-in terminal strip.
Two-piece design allows user to unplug controller from sprinkler valve and power wiring :
- terms 1 - 8 (sprinkler valves 1 - 8)
- term 9 (sprinkler valve common)
- term 10 (no connection)
- terms 11 & 12 (24v AC from transformer)
Power Line Interface:
- RS-232 serial port. Used only to configure controller. Controller derives its power from PC : DB9
- Power Line Interface (RJ11 data port) connects to the XM10 two-way interface (included).
Interconnecting cable is included : RJ11
- Dimensions: 96,52 x 60,96 x 25,40 mm
- Weight: 113,40 g.
- Operating environment: -6°C tot +51°C (20°F-125°F)
Power Supply NOT included, must be sourced locally. 220v AC to 24v AC transformer (the Rain8 operates on 24 - 27 volt AC, 50 or 60 HZ).