The GB843 acoustic sensor is omni-directional, providing 360º coverage.
The coverage is measured from the sensor to the point on the glass farthest from the sensor. The sensor can be mounted as close as 1m from the glass.
- 6m radius coverage
- detects through blinds & curtains
- with false alarm immunity
- For use with Marmitek ProGuard800 Proline series
- If mounting on the ceiling, the opposite wall or adjoining walls, the maximum range is 6m for plate, tempered, laminated and wired glass.
- For armor-coated glass, the maximum range is 3.65m.
Minimum recommended glass size:
- Plate: 2.4mm to 6.4mm
- Tempered: 3.2mm to 6.4mm
- Wired: 6.4mm
- Laminated: 3.2mm to 6.4mm
For best detection:
- The sensor must always be in direct line of sight of all windows to be protected.
- If mounting on the wall, try to install the sensor directly opposite the protected window. If this is not possible, adjoining side walls are also a good location.
- If mounting on the ceiling, install the sensor 2-3m into the room.
- Avoid installing in rooms with lined, insulating or sound deadening drapes.
- Avoid installing in rooms with closed wooden window shutters inside.
- Avoid installing in the corners of a room.
The GB843 is best suited to rooms with moderate noise.
For best false alarm immunity:
- Locate the sensor at least 1.2m away from noise sources (televisions, speakers, sinks, doors, etc.).
- Avoid rooms smaller than 3m x 3m and rooms with multiple noise sources.
- Do not use where white noise, such as air compressor noise, is present (a blast of compressed air may cause a false alarm).
- Do not define the zone as 24hr. It is recommended to register the GB843 to a perimeter arming group that arms the perimeter doors and windows of the premises.
- Avoid humid rooms – the GB843 is not hermetically sealed. Excess moisture can eventually cause a short and a false alarm.
- Antenna: Built-in Whip
- Frequency: 868.35MHz FM
- Power: 3.6V ½ AA Lithium Battery
- Current Consumption: 25mA (transmission), 30ìA (standby)
- Microphone: Omni-directional electret
- Maximum Coverage: 6m
- RFI Immunity: 20V/m
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 50°C
- Fire Protection: ABS Plastic Housing
- Dimensions: 108 x 80 x 45mm
- Download manual (PDF)
Only for use with ProGuard800.